Cajun Chicken & Waffles
Enter your email & zip for a$20Coupon
(Plus a two-week free trial)
Cajun Fried Chicken with Cheddar Waffles
- Makes: 4-6 servings
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Total Time: 35 min
- 12 pieces of chicken thighs and drumsticks (bone-in)
- Peanut oil or Crisco for frying
- Buttermilk waffle mix
- ¾ c shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 qt buttermilk
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ c Frank's Hot Sauce
- 2 pinches kosher salt
- 2 ½ c all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- ½ tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 eggs, beaten
- ¼ c heavy cream
- 2 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 tbsp paprika
- In a Ziploc bag combine buttermilk marinade ingredients. Add chicken to the bag, seal, and toss to coat well. Remove as much air as possible from the bag and refrigerate for 2 hours minimum and up to 12 hours.
- Mix breading ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
- Combine egg wash ingredients in a medium sized bowl and refrigerate.
- Prepare waffle batter according to box instructions and set aside. Add extra butter for a crispier waffle.
- Heat oil to 350-365°F for chicken and preheat waffle iron.
- Remove chicken from buttermilk marinade, dredge in breading mixture, and then coat with chilled egg wash. Repeat this process again to ensure a nice crust on the chicken.
- Once oil reaches frying temperature, add coated chicken. Do not to overcrowd the pan. After 4-6 minutes, flip the chicken over to cook any exposed crust.
- Spray the waffle maker liberally with a non-stick spray and sprinkle 1/2 cup cheddar cheese into the maker. Add waffle batter, top with 1/4 cup of cheese, and close to cook.
- Serve waffle on plate or platter with 2-3 pieces of fried chicken and serve with gravy and syrup. Yum!
How It Works
You order from the app.
We make ordering fast, simple, and convenient.
We shop for you.
We partner with a local community of reliable shoppers.
We deliver to your door.
Get your delivery in as soon as one hour after you order.