At Shipt, we’re so obsessed with food, our entire business revolves around it. We’ve gathered recipes that are near and dear to the hearts of our shoppers to help make your summer delicious.
Barb M. – Des Moines, IA
Ever since her local grocery store closed and she wasn’t able to get her favorite spring salad, Barb has been perfecting her own recipe to get her fill. She makes this salad as a fresh and light side for bratwursts.
1 box of large pasta shells
2 to 3 radishes
1 to 2 green onions
1 bottle Kraft Coleslaw Dressing
1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Thinly slice radishes, cucumber, carrots, and green onions.
3. Combine all ingredients, adding as much or as little as you like.
4. Chill before serving.
Mexican 7-Layer Dip
Kyrsten K. – Tucson, AZ
Growing up, Kyrsten’s family served this 7-layer dip at every family cookout. Now, she serves it to her son – and it’s his favorite meal. Add each ingredient to taste and easily adjust quantities to suit your crowd.
Picante sauce or your favorite salsa
Mexican cheese blend
Chopped black olives
1. Prepare refried beans according to package directions.
2. Spread beans on the bottom of your dish.
3. Mash fresh avocados and spread on top.
4. Spread a layer of sour cream.
5. Layer Picante sauce or salsa.
6. Add a layer of diced tomatoes.
7. Top with chopped black olives.
8. Serve with tortilla chips – enjoy!
Feta-Stuffed Chicken with Tomato-Watermelon Salad
Michelle C. – Oklahoma City, OK
Michelle’s staple summer dinner: Rachael Ray’s Feta-Stuffed Chicken with Tomato-Watermelon Salad. Get the recipe here. This delicious meal is light and flavorful – perfect for a summer evening.
Priscilla S. – Visalia-Porterville, CA
Priscilla whips up this flavorful ceviche for dinner after a long, hot day. With fresh ingredients, seafood, and a hint of spice, this dish checks all the boxes. Priscilla recommends serving with tortilla chips as a dip or spread over tostada shells.
1 fresh jalapeno
¼ cup cilantro
Juice of 2 to 3 lemons
1 to 1 ½ pounds shrimp
1 package of imitation crab
1 bottle of Crystal Hot Sauce
1. Cook shrimp using your preferred method. Set aside.
2. Optional: Heat imitation crab on low heat for a few minutes.
3. Chop all ingredients and mix together in a large bowl.
4. Add spices to taste and serve.
Mama’s Pasta Salad
Bri O. – Lincoln, NE
Bri’s Midwestern flavor shines through with this delightful pasta salad. Served cooled, this tasty dish is a light side perfect for any cookout or picnic. It’s simple to make and your whole crew will want seconds.
1 box tri-colored pasta
1 can black olives
1 small brick of sharp cheddar cheese
1 large tomato
1 green bell pepper
1 bottle of Dorothy Lynch dressing (or make your own with this recipe)
1. Cook pasta according to package directions and set aside.
2. Drain and dice olives.
3. Dice tomato and bell pepper.
4. Cut cheddar cheese into small cubes.
5. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate.
Keith S. – Fort Myers/Cape Coral, FL
This Cornbread Casserole is comfort food times 2! It’s the perfect addition to a barbecue feast. With both whole kernel corn and creamed corn, this sweet and savory side is soft and spongy.
1 stick melted butter
2 eggs, beaten
8 ounces sour cream
1 can whole kernel corn
1 can creamed corn
1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix
1. Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
2. Set aside for 5 minutes to allow the mixture to set.
3. Bake for 45 minutes at 400ºF until golden brown.
Angie O. – Sioux Falls, SD
This sweet and fruity family recipe comes from Angie’s aunt and is a crowd-pleaser. It’s served cold, so it’s the perfect nightcap for a hot summer day.
1 ½ cups ground walnuts
¼ cup sugar
¼ cup butter, softened
2 packages (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
½ cup honey
1 container (8 ounces) raspberry yogurt
1 container (8 ounces) peach yogurt
3 to 4 peaches, sliced or ½ pint of fresh raspberries
1. Blend walnuts – reserving ¼ cup for garnish – with sugar and butter.
2. Press mixture into the bottom of a springform pan.
3. Beat cream cheese and honey until smooth.
4. Blend raspberry yogurt into ½ of the mixture. Set the other ½ aside. Pour blended mixture over the crust and freeze until firm.
5. Blend peach yogurt into the rest of the cream cheese mixture and pour over the raspberry layer. Return to the freezer for another 3 to 4 hours.
6. Remove from the freezer 20 to 30 minutes before serving.
7. Arrange peach slices or raspberries around the edge of the top of the torte. Sprinkle remaining walnuts on the center.
Chilled Strawberry Soup with Sorbet
Elena W. – Grand Rapids, MI
Elena shows us that soup in the summer doesn’t have to send you running. Cool off with this chilled fresh fruit infused soup, topped with a refreshing scoop of sorbet. It doesn’t get much cooler than that.
1 pound fresh strawberries
1 quart plain yogurt
⅓ cup pure maple syrup
3 cups apple cider
½ cup heavy cream
½ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg or 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Trim tops from strawberries, wash well.
2. Blend strawberries, yogurt, cream, maple syrup, apple cider, nutmeg, and cinnamon until smooth.
3. If you want your mixture…
Sweeter: Add more maple syrup.
Thinner: Add more apple cider.
Thicker: Add more yogurt.
1. Once the soup is blended to desired consistency, refrigerate in a covered container for 1 hour.
2. Serve in a chilled bowl, topped with fresh blueberries, a scoop of sorbet or sherbet, and fresh mint sprigs.
Strawberry Ice Box Cake
Christy K. – Detroit, MI
Christy and her family spend summer days at Blake’s Orchard and Cider Mill in Michigan picking fresh strawberries to create this Strawberry Ice Box Cake. Even though the recipe is great as-is, Christy recommends tossing the strawberries in a little sugar before getting started – it adds extra sweetness to this perfect dessert.
Janessa B. – Oklahoma City, OK
Janessa’s award-winning banana pudding is a hit at her full-time job as a school counselor. This delightfully classic summertime dessert is award-winning in our book, too.
1 small box French vanilla instant pudding
1 small box banana cream instant pudding
1 ¾ cups whole milk
1 can sweetened condensed milk
12 ounces Cool Whip
1 box Nilla wafers
1. Mix both pudding mixes with milk until smooth.
2. Add sweetened condensed milk and mix for 2 minutes.
3. Fold in Cool Whip until well blended.
4. Layer pudding then wafers and repeat until all pudding is used.
5. Top with Cool Whip and more wafers.
Ready to cool off with your new favorite summer dish? Place an order to get everything you need to prepare any of this shopper-approved eats delivered with Shipt.