3 Perfect Parfaits for Every Palate
What is it about yogurt that’s so cooling and refreshing? The perfect morning pick-me-up, it can be dressed up in so many different ways. As part of our new A Fresh Start category, we took the chance to create a few riffs on yogurt parfaits — to provide you with some yummy, new, healthy recipes to get your morning started right. We love these Perfect Parfaits for Every Palate because not only do they require no cooking at all, you can make one big batch and then customize each parfait with different mix-ins, based on your family’s parfait palate. What’s not “perfect” about that?
While we like storing them in glass jars like these, they also work just as well in handy plastic containers too.
PROTEIN-PACKED PARFAIT (serves 2)
This parfait is packed with protein from greek yogurt, nuts, and a scoop of hemp protein powder. The strawberries give it a subtly sweet flavor, while the date paste provides a bit of natural, fiber-rich sweetness. We love it because it keeps us full for hours, while our muscles stay super-duper Shipt strong. (Sorry, we couldn’t resist!)
- 2 cups Yoplait plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cups slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon hemp protein powder
- 2 cups Cascadian Farms strawberries (or any preferred fruit)
- 2 tablespoons ground date paste
- Juice from slice of lemon
- Honey (optional)
- Thaw two cups of strawberries. Squeeze juice of lemon over berries. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk 1 tablespoons of hemp protein powder into 2 cups of plain greek yogurt. Mix in 2 tablespoons ground date paste until well blended.
- Using a large jar, layer large dollop of yogurt mixture, ½ cup of berries, spoonful of almonds sequentially, ending with almonds at the top of the parfaits. Drizzle with honey as desired.
POWER-TO-THE VEGAN CHIA PARFAIT (serves 2)
In an effort to cut back my meat and dairy intake, this variation has been my current go-to Perfect Parfait. Within an hour, the chia seeds form into a gel with the liquid, producing a super filling and pudding-like consistency. It’s almost like dessert, except I know I’m getting my Omega-3s, a boost of fiber, and bit of protein all in one sweet little package.
- ⅓ cup chia seeds
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 tablespoon agave sweetener
- 2 tablespoons Cascadian Farms Fruit Spread
- 2 cups Cascadian Farms Harvest Berries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pour ⅓ cup of chia seeds into 1 cup of almond milk into medium bowl and mix thoroughly. Stir in 4 tablespoons of fruit spread, 1 teaspoon of vanilla, and sea salt. Cover and refrigerate until chia and milk have formed into gel, up to two hours.
- Thaw frozen berries in separate bowl.
- Once chia has formed into gel, spoon ¼ mixture each into jars, bowls, or containers. Add layer of berries, then repeat layer of chia, and finally a last layer of berries. Drizzle with agave syrup if desired.
PEACHES & CREAM PARFAIT (serves 2)
This is one breakfast that’s sure to go over well with the kiddos — and we’ll be honest, the adults in your household too. With sliced peaches and fruit spread, this parfait provides a bit of sweetness that kids love without adding too much processed sugar. The vanilla-flavored yogurt provides a healthy dose of calcium and protein, and just as important — a pleasantly creamy mouthfeel — keeping your child’s blood sugar levels stable all morning long.
And who doesn’t like the taste of sweet, crunchy granola to complement the creamy, tart taste of yogurt? (We know you agree with us.) Whip it up for the kids, and make some for yourself while you’re at it!
- 2 cups Vanilla Yoplait Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Strawberry Cascadian Farms Fruit Spread
- 2 cups Cascadian Farm Frozen Peaches
- 1 cup Cascadian Farms Granola (any flavor)
- Honey (optional)
- Thaw 2 cups of peaches.
- Pour 2 cups yogurt into medium-sized bowl. Mix in fruit spread over yogurt until well blended.
- Spoon ¼ granola each to two jars, bowls, or containers. Add ¼ yogurt and fruit spread and then add a layer of ¼ cup thawed peaches. Continue layering in this order ending with layer of peaches on top. Drizzle with honey if desired.