5 Easy DIY and Money-Saving Tips for Throwing Your Best Backyard BBQ
With warmer weather now upon us and outdoor gatherings dotting our calendars, we teamed up with our favorite crafters at Lawn Fawn to bring you some easy DIY, money-saving, and entertaining tips for throwing your best backyard BBQ yet. (Special offer below!)
1. STUFF IT! Instead of pouring chips or popcorn into a big bowl that everyone dips their fingers into, how about setting out adorable, individual serving-sized bags instead? Not only will it cut down on germs, but it will also cut down on food waste. We also look how festive the bags look lined up on a picnic table, making grab and go super easy.
2. STICK A FLAG IN IT! What we love about hosting parties is bringing a group of all our favorite people together at one time. Sometimes it can be overwhelming to try and accommodate everyone’s dietary and health requirements. To make it easier for everyone, stick a flag in the dish denoting whether a dish is gluten free, vegan, vegetarian, or paleo friendly.
3. PUT A LABEL ON IT! Solo cups are so early 2000s, are we right? Elevate your party by reusing Mason jars that your guests can personalize. Then you can make a big batch of punch which guests can serve themselves, eliminating waste. A win-win for everyone!
4. SHARE & TELL. What we love about parties is the plethora of delicious food, and what we especially love is the chance to try everyone’s favorite dishes. Take sharing to the next level by giving your guests a chance to show off their culinary creations with a card that they can personalize. That way, if someone is dying to try the Seven Layer Dip, all they have to do is ask Lynette for it — assuming she’s willing to part with it, of course!
5. SNAPT IT! We love sharing on social media here at Shipt, because nothing is more beautiful than food in our humble opinion. Expand your party’s social circle by encouraging your guests to snap and ‘gram their favorite BBQ dishes and tagging you. Doing so will ensure that you can remember your favorite dishes from your party, like Lynette’s famous 7 Layer Dip!
For more in-depth quick party tips , check out this video:
Get $5 off your crafting supplies to make these adorable tags, flags, and cards from Lawn Fawn when you spend $20 using the code, ‘ShiptBBQ’, upon check out at www.lawnfawn.com.*
And, as always, get all your favorite BBQ supplies from Shipt delivered right into your kitchen — no heavy lifting necessary!
*Offer expires June 8, 2017 at 11:59 PST.