5 Holiday Recipes – Shipt’s Christmas Countdown
5 days to go!!!!!
The Christmas countdown is on here at Shipt HQ and we can barely contain our excitement! There are only five days left until quality time with family, presents under the tree, and our personal favorite, Christmas dinner! It’s no surprise that most of the conversations about Christmas plans here in the office have been focused on food. “Are you sticking with the menu from years past or this year will you be trying something new?” Consensus here is that it’s a toss up! Most of us are sticking to our usual menus, but are trying to add a new item or two. If it’s a hit, this year’s new recipe can be next year’s tradition! Everyone has different family favorites and in honor of the holidays, we want to share some of ours with you.
Since there are five days until Christmas, we’ve narrowed down our list to five of our Christmas faves. Hopefully you can introduce your family to one of them this year!
1. Chocolate Peppermint Buttercream Cookie Cake Our friends at Waiting for Martha ordered all the ingredients for this tasty dessert through Shipt and made one of the most delicious looking cakes we’ve ever seen!
2. Spice-Rubbed Tenderloin with Mustard-Cream Sauce Did you know that Southern Living and Shipt have the same hometown? We are both based in Birmingham! When it comes to delicious recipes, we trust our neighbors and this beef tenderloin promises to be absolutely delicious!
3. Honey-Bourbon Boneless Glazed Ham Nothing says Christmas quite like a holiday ham! This particular recipe will help you take your ham game to the next level. Trust us. Your family and friends are sure to be impressed!
4. Harvest Salad with Roasted Citrus Vinaigrette and Spiced Pecans In the season of turkey and dressing and pies galore, sometimes you need a little something to lighten up your menu. If you eat a salad, it means you can have a second helping of dessert, right?
5. The Family Favorite Snickerdoodle- This recipe comes straight from Shipt HQ! It’s been a hit at all of our parties and we’re sure your results will be the same. (Thanks to Ali Eustis for sharing!)
1 cup shortening (part butter works best)
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 1/2 cups Gold Medal Flour
2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 tsp. soda
1/4 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In large bowl, combine corn syrup, sugar, butter, vanilla , pecans and chocolate chips mix shortening, sugar, and eggs thoroughly.
- Blend flour, cream of tartar, soda, and salt; stir in.
- Shape dough in 1″ balls.
- Roll in the mixture of sugar and cinnamon.
- Place 2″ apart on a baking sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes.
Makes up to 6 doz. cookies.