The past 90 days have been our busiest yet at Shipt. We’ve welcomed thousands of new members and shoppers to the community, partnered with retailers to increase efficiency, and evolved our business quickly in order to meet the incredible demand from those who need our services more than ever.
As our business grew to levels we expected to reach several years from now, I want to thank the entire Shipt family, from our HQ team to shoppers, for their resilience, collaboration, and dedication. It has been humbling, to say the least, to see the Shipt team come together and push through to get the job done – and because of them, we’re able to serve more members than ever before.
Today, I’d like to share some of the milestones we’ve reached, as well as the steps we’ve taken to continue bringing the store to your door in a safe and efficient way:
- Doubling our shopper community: Unprecedented times have brought about unprecedented demand. In response, we’ve added more than 100,000 shoppers, doubling our shopper community to 200,000 strong. This will not only allow us to serve more members during a time of heightened demand, but will also help us as we continue to grow and add more retailers.
- Recognizing shoppers with bonus pay: Once again, we distributed bonuses of $50-200 as an added thanks to our most active shoppers for their hard work in April.
- Providing faster support: Service to both our members and shoppers continues to be a priority. We know it has been tough to reach our support team at times; however, we’re thrilled to see that our expanded team and dedicated shopper support line have been able to cut wait times down by more than 75% – and they continue to get shorter.
- Opening availability windows: Members can now view available delivery windows over a 4-day period (up from 2 days), making it easier to place an order. Today, most of our members can secure a timeslot within the next three delivery windows.
- Updating the Shipt app: We’re working hard to improve the experience for all of our members, and have introduced new app features over the past few weeks. These include an early delivery option to give members more flexibility. And our members can now use coupons on eligible items within our app.
- Supporting shoppers now and in the future: As we’ve previously announced, Shipt is providing all shoppers with gloves and masks for daily pick up at their local Target store, as all Target locations have received these items. In addition, we recently extended our shopper financial assistance program through early June.
Every day, we are driven by our commitment to ensuring that every member can get a delivery when they need it..
I am incredibly proud of the work and care from the Shipt team, our Shipt Shoppers, and our community, as well as the support from the retailers we serve. I will continue to provide updates along the way.
Stay safe and be kind to one another,
Kelly Caruso, CEO