Everyone needs a go-to dessert — the star of the show that will blow your guests away from first to last bite. And what better to accompany these cozy winter nights than a delicious (and ridiculously easy) créme brûlée?
Award-Winning Créme Brûlée
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Boiling water
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- Combine heavy cream, vanilla bean and salt in a saucepan. Heat on medium to high heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour egg yolks and sugar in a separate bowl. Use a mixer to combine until smooth.
- Add cream mixture in quarter increments to egg mixture, using hand mixer to combine each time.
- Place 6-oz ramekins on a baking sheet, and pour the final mixture. Fill baking sheet halfway with boiling water, surrounding ramekins.
- Bake at 325°F for 30-40 minutes.
- Once cooked, refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Top each ramekin with sugar. Use torch to singe the top of each ramekin until a glaze forms.
- Top with raspberries and bon appétit!
Steal the show at your next viewing party with this decadent dessert recipe from Shipt.com! We bring fresh ingredients and more sweet treat essentials straight to your door in as soon as one hour.