What’s better than chocolate? A dessert made up of 3 different layers of chocolate.
Death by Chocolate is a trifle of brownies, candy, chocolate pudding, and whipped topping layered on top of one another to form a decadent tower of deliciousness.
It’s a dish that Brandtley C., lead social media specialist at Shipt, has been eating his entire life. His Mom Brandye makes it for just about every family gathering: Christmas, birthdays, Thanksgiving – you name it, Death by Chocolate is probably making an appearance.
This dish is the definition of a good thing – like the kind of dependable comfort from mom. “She worked several jobs at once to raise me and my siblings, she was there for me when I came out as a teenager…she’s just always been there for me,” said Brandtley.
The two are best friends that just happen to be mother and son. They love to laugh together, gossip together, and always have one another’s backs.
So, dig out that trifle dish, grab a bowl and get ready to laugh along as Brandye teaches Brandtley how to make this family tradition.
Brandtley’s Death by Chocolate
Makes 20-24 servings
1 20 oz. package of brownie mix
4 KitKat bars
2 packages of instant chocolate pudding
1 8 oz. tub of frozen whipped topping
1. Preheat oven and mix brownie batter per package instructions.
2. Add batter to 9 x 13 in baking pan and bake for suggested time.
3. Allow pan to cool, then break brownies into small chunks.
4. Coarsely crush Kit Kats with a hammer. Wrap them up in a towel to avoid a mess!
5. Layer half the brownies in the bottom of a trifle dish or large serving bowl.
6. Cover brownies with a layer of pudding, then crushed Kit Kat, then whipped topping.
7. Continue layering until ingredients are used up. Garnish the top layer with remaining Kit Kat bits.
8. Chill in the fridge for 4 hours before serving.
Watch Brandtley and Brandye whip up this dessert together, then get ingredients and more at shipt.com.