Is there a better combo than peanut butter and chocolate? These warm, soft peanut butter cookies are topped with Hershey’s Kisses for a treat that is just as tasty as it is pretty.
For Shipt Lead Social Media Specialist Madison B., these cookies remind her of childhood. Her mother, Bobbye, would make sweet treats for her and her sisters for every occasion.
Today, Madison and Bobbye take a trip down memory lane to recreate their family recipe while discussing Bobbye’s journey with breast cancer.
Bobbye has been a breast cancer survivor for 4 months and has started taking part in more activities that she loves, like baking. She has a strong support system and has been surrounded by loving family and friends throughout her treatment.
On her breast cancer journey, Bobbye says, “You can do much more than you think you can do.”
Below, watch along with the full recipe as Madison and Bobbye make their peanut blossom cookies together.
Madison’s Peanut Blossom Cookies
Makes 36 cookies
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup packed brown sugar
½ cup creamy peanut butter
½ cup butter, softened
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
¾ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
Additional granulated sugar
36 Hershey’s Kisses milk chocolates, unwrapped
1. Preheat oven to 400℉. In a large bowl, beat ½ cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, peanut butter, butter, and egg with a mixer on medium speed until well blended.
2. Stir in flour, baking soda, and baking powder until dough forms.
3. Shape dough into 1-inch balls, and roll in additional granulated sugar. Place on ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
4. Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Immediately press 1 Hershey’s kiss into the center of each cookie, and place back in the oven for 1 minute.
5. Place on cooling rack for 15-20 minutes.
6. Serve and enjoy!
Got a sweet tooth craving? Order all you need for these delicious peanut blossom cookies via shipt.com!