January is all about new beginnings – Clarisse M. is an expert at taking classic favorites and giving them new life. In this episode of Cooking with Reese, we’re making Meatless Sweet Potato Curry. This warm and spicy meal is perfect for winter, without being so heavy that it slows you down.
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons red curry paste
2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 can full-fat coconut milk
½ cup water
1 teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3 cups torn Lacinato kale
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
Cooked rice (optional)
Mint for garnish (optional)
1. Cut sweet potatoes into ½ inch cubes and set aside.
2. In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
3. Add ginger and garlic and stir for 1 minute, until fragrant.
4. Add curry paste and stir for another minute. For a spicier flavor, add more than 3 tablespoons until desired heat is reached.
5. Add sweet potato cubes, chickpeas, coconut milk, water, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
6. Bring the mixture to a light boil, cover, and let simmer for 20 minutes until sweet potatoes are fork-tender and curry has thickened.
7. Add kale and let cook for 3-5 minutes until kale has wilted. Remove from heat and add lime juice.
8. Serve over rice or in a bowl. Garnish with mint and extra lime juice, if desired.
Want to give this recipe a try for your next Meatless Monday? Get all of the ingredients, and more, delivered with Shipt grocery delivery.