In honor of Father’s Day we wanted to profile one of our favorite dads at Shipt. Micah W., Director of Digital Marketing, has been part of the Shipt team since practically day 1 when Shipt launched in Birmingham, Alabama. How time flies!
Since then, he’s had a baby boy (now two years old), moved with his family cross-country from Birmingham, Alabama, in their tiny house (yes, a tiny house!), and settled in the Bay Area where he commutes everyday by motorcycle or BART to Shipt’s San Francisco office. When Micah’s not behind the camera for Shipt or vlogging his family adventures for Tiny House Family, he enjoys whipping up delicious eats for his family and friends.
Now that burger season is upon us we’re sharing Micah’s favorite burger combo, the California Cowboy Burger: a rich and decadent burger combining all of his favorite ingredients, as well as a homage to his new home and his southern Alabama roots.
With jalapeño pimento cheese, creamy secret sauce, crispy bacon, a fried egg, thin slices of sweet onion, and more, this tall boy is guaranteed to please all the dad(s) in your life. Read on for the recipe and a special deal.
CALIFORNIA COWBOY BURGER
- 4 ounces 80% lean sirloin
- 2 tablespoons jalapeño pimento cheese
- 2 slices oven-cooked bacon
- 1 tablespoon special sauce (recipe follows)
- 1 romaine lettuce leaf
- 1 slice tomato
- 1 slice sweet onion
- Toasted onion bun
- Pan-fried egg
1. Bake bacon in oven at 375 for 15 minutes until extra crispy. Set aside.
2. Cook hamburger patty in cast-iron pan on medium high until medium-rare.
3. In second pan, fry egg in tablespoon butter, keeping egg yolk “over-easy.”
4. Toast bun lightly in same pan as egg and add special sauce.
5. Add ripped up romaine, tomato, onion, burger, pimento cheese, bacon, and egg. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, if desired.
6. Top with bun and serve while hot!
Happy Father’s Day to all our dads!
TIP: Micah’s son Silas loves watermelon, which is a perfect accompaniment to balance out the savory flavor of the California Cowboy Burger. For dad, there’s nothing better than pairing a juicy burger with cold, crisp bottle of Bud (and sweet potato chips)! Stock up on your favorite Budweiser here and be automatically entered to win a mini-fridge, perfect for those backyard BBQs this summer.
Secret Sauce: Combine 1/4 cup mayo, 3 tablespoons French dressing, 1 teaspoon ketchup, 2 tablespoons relish, 1 teaspoon onion powder, dash of salt. Mix well and serve.
Get these ingredients, and more delivered with Shipt!