Dig into these Deviled Dragon Eggs
Halloween’s just around the corner, which means it’s time for all the spooky snacks! Who doesn’t love a surprise twist on a favorite party treat? With a cracked shell, we added some color and patterns to these deviled eggs for a supernatural feel. Lightened up thanks to an avocado filling and topped with a pinch of paprika and a sprinkle of sesame, our Deviled Dragon Eggs are sure to delight adults and kids alike.
DEVILED DRAGON EGGS
- 1 dozen hard boiled eggs
- 2-3 drops black food coloring
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 avocado
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Sesame seeds to sprinkle
- Paprika to sprinkle
- Add two to three drops of black food coloring to a large bowl of water and mix until combined.
- Lightly crack shells of the hard boiled eggs by tapping and rolling them against the counter. Drop eggs into the dyed water and let stand at least three hours, or overnight for the best results.
- Carefully peel eggs, slice in half lengthwise, and separate the yolks in a small bowl. Set aside the whites.
- Mix yolks with mayonnaise, avocado, lemon juice, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Spoon avocado yolk mixture into whites. For a fancy twist, spoon mixture into a piping bag and pipe.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of sesame seeds and paprika, and prepare to wow your guests!
Want to make Deviled Dragon Eggs in time for the spookiest day of the year? Just log in and purchase all the ingredients you need for Halloween snacks, decorations, candy and more!