The 4 most important elements of any cocktail (or mocktail) are a base, an acid, a mixer, and a garnish. This pomegranate mule brings the perfect balance of flavors from the warm ginger to sour-sweet pomegranate.
Use this recipe as a base and get creative by swapping ingredients to create entirely new flavors all Dry January long.
Carda-Pom Ginger Mule
For the simple syrup
2 cups water
2 cups granulated sugar
2 cups pomegranate seeds (about 1 large pomegranate)
1 teaspoon whole cardamom seeds
1 ounce simple syrup
1 ½ ounces lime juice
Mint, for garnish
For the Blackberry Simple Syrup
1. In a medium saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil, stirring constantly until sugar the mixture has melted together completely. Remove from heat.
2. Mix in the pomegranate seeds and cardamom. Set aside until completely cool.
3. Transfer to a sterilized jar and refrigerate for 24 hours.
4. Strain the syrup and return to the jar. Store in the refrigerator for up to 30 days.
1. Fill your glass with ice and pomegranate seeds.
2. Add simple syrup and lime juice.
3. Top with ginger beer.
4. Garnish with awakened mint leaves and enjoy.
Want to give this mocktail a taste? Add everything you need to make endless variations of this simple drink to your cart at Shipt.com.