If you like dry, flavorful drinks, this mocktail is for you. Inspired by a gin and tonic. With a spiced simple syrup, a splash of tonic water, and a lime garnish, this mocktail checks all the boxes.
Use this recipe as a starting point and don’t be afraid to get creative and mix up the flavors with new garnishes and mixers. The simple syrup keeps in the refrigerator for up to 30 days, so you can have a whole month of sipping.
The Little Un-Gin That Could
For the Un-Gin Simple Syrup
2 cups water
2 cups granulated sugar
2 packed tablespoons juniper berries
1 packed teaspoon coriander seed
1 teaspoon pink peppercorns
Peel of 1 lemon
Peel of ½ orange
2 ounces Un-Gin Simple Syrup
1 ounce lime juice
Lime, for garnish
For the simple syrup
1. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, mix sugar and water.
2. While the mixture heats, lightly crush the juniper berries and coriander.
3. Once the sugar is completely dissolved and the syrup is clear, remove from heat and add crushed juniper berries, coriander seed, and peppercorns. Set aside until completely cool.
4. Transfer to a sterilized jar and refrigerate for 24 hours.
5. Strain the syrup and return to the jar. Store in the refrigerator for up to 30 days.
1. Top a tall glass with ice and pour in Un-Gin Simple Syrup and lime juice. Top with Tonic Water.
2. Garnish with a slice of lime and enjoy.
Ready to start sipping? Get all of these ingredients, and more, delivered with Shipt grocery delivery.