In partnership with General Mills.
This Cinco de Mayo, we’re serving up creative ways to celebrate from home with this simple Tex-Mex-inspired dish. These tasty pinwheels are a surefire fiesta-starter with no cooking required. That’s right – simply mix the ingredients, spread onto tortillas, and voila! Place on a serving dish for the whole fam to graze on all Cinco de Mayo long. Mix your margaritas, it’s time to celebrate.
1 packet Old El Paso taco seasoning
⅔ cups Old El Paso green chilies
7 oz sour cream
4 oz cream cheese
1 ½ cup shredded cheese
⅔ cup chopped cilantro
5-6 large flour tortillas
2 limes, sliced for garnish
1. In a large bowl, mix together sour cream, cheese, green chiles, seasoning, and cilantro.
2. Using a spatula, spread mixture evenly over a flour tortilla until about ⅙ of an inch thick. Make sure to leave approximately ⅓ inch of the edge empty.
3. Roll the tortilla tightly and slice into 1-inch wheels. Set aside.
4. Repeat until all of the mixture is used.
5. Arrange on a serving plate with lime and cilantro for garnish.
Shipt delivers everything you need for these delicious pinwheels, right to your door. With staples from our partners at General Mills and Old El Paso, creating simple and delicious Tex-Mex dishes is easy. ¡Feliz Cinco de Mayo!