From the Shipt Kitchen: Breakfast Sushi
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and it should inspire the entire family to start the day off right. Our take on this delicious and nutritious Breakfast Sushi is packed with protein and fun to make for the whole family, whether you’re young or just young at heart. Spread peanut butter or greek yogurt over peeled bananas and coat in your favorite breakfast cereal – our go-to’s are crunchy Rice Krispies and sweet Froot Loops. Top it off with blackberry “caviar” and a dip or drizzle of Nutella for a breakfast that looks fancy, but oh so easy to make!
Makes 10-12 pieces
- 2 bananas
- Greek yogurt
- Peanut butter
- Froot Loops cereal
- Rice Krispies cereal
- Nutella, for drizzle and/or dipping
- Peel bananas. Using a knife, evenly coat one banana with peanut butter and the other banana with greek yogurt.
- Pour Froot Loops into a plastic bag and seal. Gently crush Froot Loops with a rolling pin until cereal is broken into fine pieces
- Pour crushed Froot Loops onto a plate and roll greek yogurt covered banana in cereal until covered evenly. Pour Rice Krispies onto another plate and roll peanut butter covered banana in cereal until covered evenly.
- Slice each cereal covered banana into 10-12 pieces, about ¾ of an inch each. Line breakfast sushi onto plate and top with sliced blackberry “caviar.”.
- Drizzle or dip into Nutella and enjoy!