Although we’re looking forward to the crisp, cool autumn weather, the heat of summer can often linger well into September. Beat the late summer heat and skip the oven with no-bake blackberry cheesecakes – a fancy, handheld dessert that chills in the fridge while you chill on the porch. Top these cheesecakes with the season’s remaining blackberry harvest to bring out the fresh fruit flavors.
No-bake Blackberry Cheesecakes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 lb blackberries (for the syrup)
- 4 sage leaves
- 9 graham crackers
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- 12 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup blackberry preserves
- 1 cup blackberries, halved (for garnish)
For the syrup:
- Combine honey and water in a saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat before the mixture starts to boil.
- Add sage leaves and blackberries to the hot honey mixture and stir. Allow berries to soften in the honey syrup until the mixture has cooled significantly, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer blackberry syrup into a food processor, blend on high until smooth.
- Pour the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a large bowl (to remove the blackberry seeds). Set aside.
For the cheesecakes:
- Add graham crackers into a food processor, pulse until finely ground. Add in melted butter and pulse until graham cracker mixture is blended.
- Line muffin tin with cupcake liners. Spoon about one heaping tablespoon of graham cracker mixture into each tin.
- Firmly press the graham cracker mixture into the bottom of each tin (tip: the bottom of a shot glass is the perfect size). Set aside.
- Combine the cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl. Using an electric hand mixer, blend on medium-high speed until creamy.
- Add in cream, lemon juice and preserves. Continue to blend on medium-high speed for 2-3 minutes.
- Spoon the cheesecake mixture evenly into each muffin tin over the graham cracker crust. Chill until cheesecakes are firm, about four hours.
- Remove cheesecakes from tin. Drizzle with a spoonful of blackberry syrup and garnish with halved blackberries.
Get these ingredients, and more at shipt.com.