From the Shipt Kitchen: Pesto Braided Wreath
There’s nothing like the warm and inviting smell of fresh homemade bread, especially when the weather outside is anything but. We’ve got you covered with our step-by-step guide to a holiday bread recipe that’s *almost* too pretty to eat. This pesto wreath is the perfect tasty appetizer that’s sure to impress your guests – and it’s easier to make than they think! Layered with Buitoni Pesto, savory sun-dried tomatoes and then topped with fresh Parmesan cheese, this recipe is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser.
Pesto Braided Wreath
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 2 tsp dried yeast
- 4 cups plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 1/2 cup Buitoni pesto
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Buitoni pesto
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup Parmesan
- Combine water, yeast and sugar in a small bowl. Set aside for 5 minutes or until foamy.
- Stir flour and salt together in a large bowl, then add in olive oil and the yeast mixture.
- Using either a rounded pastry cutter or your hands, mix the dough together for two minutes to fully combine.
- Lightly coat a portion of your counter with flour and knead the dough for 10 minutes, until smooth.
- Lightly brush a clean bowl with olive oil, then add the dough to the bowl. Flip the dough in the bowl until it’s lightly coated in oil. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let the dough rise for 30 minutes.
- Dust the counter with flour and then roll the dough into a flat, rectangular shape.
- Spread pesto evenly onto dough, leaving a half-inch border on all sides.
- Roll the dough into a tube shape lengthwise. Cut the dough in half lengthwise, leaving two inches uncut at one end.
- Separate the two halves, and twist together, as if braiding, so that the pesto-coated portion of the dough remains visible.
- Connect the ends of the dough to form a circle (or wreath!). Let rest for 30 minutes.
- Embed sun-dried tomatoes around wreath creases, and sprinkle the Parmesan cheese to cover.
- Place the wreath on a baking sheet and bake at 400ºF for 20-25 minutes.
- While the wreath is baking, stir together sour cream, Parmesan and Buitoni pesto in a bowl to create the dipping sauce.
- Slice the wreath, dip and enjoy!
Get everything you need to impress your holiday guests at shipt.com!