Whether you’re hosting a small, socially-distanced gathering or celebrating over Zoom, this single-serving take on a winter classic is sure to wow.
Single-Serve Beef Wellington
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound Fresh Thyme certified angus beef tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 32 cubes
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon butter
8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
4 shallots, minced
1 cup beef broth
1 tablespoon minced rosemary
1 package frozen, pre-rolled puff pastry, thawed
1 egg, lightly beaten
1. Preheat the oven to 400℉.
2. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
3. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil and sear beef on all sides. Season with ½ of the salt and pepper. Set aside to cool.
4. In a large skillet over high heat, melt butter. Cook mushrooms and shallots for 3 minutes or until tender. Season with the leftover salt and pepper.
5. Pour in broth and stir. Cook for approximately 2 minutes or until most of the broth has been absorbed. Add rosemary and set aside to cool.
6. Unfold the puff pastry and cut each into 16 squares on a lightly floured surface.
7. Place 1 tablespoon of the mushroom mixture and 1 piece of tenderloin in each puff pastry square. Fold pastry to seal the edges around the meat.
8. Place all completed pastries onto the parchment-lined baking sheets, brush with egg wash, season with a pinch of salt, and bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Get everything you need to make new traditions this holiday season delivered with Shipt grocery delivery and Fresh Thyme. We’ve got you covered on everything from pantry staples and cleaning supplies to gifts for your loved ones.