Embrace the fall season with a dish that’s as vibrant as the colors of the changing leaves. One of our tastiest examples showcases all of our favorite fall veggies – zucchini, squash, carrots, eggplant – swirled on top of a flakey Pillsbury Crescent Roll crust with a cheesy base. This eye-catching tart is sure to impress your friends and family, without taking all evening to prepare. Easy to make and delicious to eat, it’s the perfect showstopper for any dinner party.
- 1 tube Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 large yellow squash
- 2-3 medium carrots, peeled
- 1 medium eggplant
- Olive oil, to drizzle
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Unroll Pillsbury Crescent Rolls and separate into triangles. Spray 8” tart tin with non-stick spray. Arrange triangles in a circular pattern around the tin, facing narrow points towards the center. Pinch seams together to cover tin.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until slightly golden. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, parmesan, thyme, parsley and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Beat with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Using a knife, peeler or mandolin, thinly slice the zucchini, squash, eggplant and carrots lengthwise into long strips. Halve strips (lengthwise).
- Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly across the Pillsbury Crescent Roll crust.
- Roll one vegetable strip into a tight circle and place in the center of the tart. Arrange remaining vegetable strips in concentric circles surrounding the center coil, alternating colors, until tart is filled.
- Drizzle the tart with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes at 400º, so that vegetables are tender and crust is golden. Enjoy!
Get these ingredients, and more at shipt.com.