From the Shipt Kitchen with Liz C., Community Outreach Specialist
We all have that go-to recipe – the one Grandma used to make, the one we bring to parties, or the one we whipped up with leftovers that turned out to be a keeper. In this series, we’re sharing our community’s go-to recipes, along with the memories that make them special.
Community Outreach Specialist Liz C. has the incredible job of leading all of Shipt’s non-profit giving. When she’s not planning events or finding new ways to partner with Shipt’s communities, she’s celebrating one of Alabama’s favorite times of year – football season. Liz wore Auburn orange and blue during the first few years of her collegiate career before transferring to the University of Alabama. Growing up a die-hard Alabama football fan, it was fitting she found her way back to the Crimson Tide. Whatever game she’s watching, she’s sure to bring her favorite buffalo chicken dip that’s reserved just for game days.
“Here in the South, football season is huge. When I was in college, we’d host friends at our house before the game. I was looking for a game-day snack that was memorable but that everyone would still enjoy. An easy buffalo chicken dip with a unique beer cheese twist has been just the ticket! Whether we’re watching football at a friend’s house or at a tailgate party, this dip has become my signature recipe and no game-day would be complete without it.”
Buffalo Chicken Beer Cheese Dip
Liz says: I found the original recipe online from The Beeroness, but have since made it my own with a few shortcuts and changes. Frank’s RedHot Buffalo Wings Sauce is my hot sauce of choice for this dip. While the recipe calls for a ⅓ cup, feel free to adjust to taste. Most importantly, be sure to drink the rest of the beer while you’re cooking – that is key. It is game-day after all!
- 3 cups canned chicken, or shredded rotisserie
- 8 oz sour cream
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup Parmesan
- 1 1/4 cup mozzarella
- 1/3 cup Franks Red Hot Wing sauce
- 2/3 cup IPA beer
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ cup blue cheese crumbles
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Add chicken, cream cheese, sour cream, parmesan, 1 cup of mozzarella, buffalo sauce, IPA, garlic powder in saucepan over low/medium heat stirring until cheese is melted and ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Pour mixture into an oven-safe dish and top with 1 cup of mozzarella and blue cheese crumbles.
- Place in oven for 20 minutes or until mozzarella is melted & bubbling.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with blue cheese and serve with chips!
- Liz says: Don’t skimp on the cheese – I typically use a whole tub of blue cheese, even if it’s more than a ½ cup!
Scoop with crackers or tortilla chips, and root for your team!