The office tends to be a big part of any workplace culture. The past two years have offered some new perspectives and ways to create a tight-knit community — virtually. Our Properties team — Alyson M., Lexie C., Brittany W., and Myrtle V. — has rallied to continue creating fun at work, whether we’re physically together or apart.
1. First things first, let’s talk about your roles. What do you do at Shipt?
Being Properties Assistants requires us to wear a multitude of hats around the office. We manage the front desk, handle all office needs, and serve as points of contact for employees, guests, and vendors. We also handle all things parking, building access, and internal logistics.
2. What is your team doing to make sure office culture stays alive and connects us while we work from home?
We’re a big, happy family here at Shipt, but over the past 2 years, we have had to make vast adjustments due to COVID-19. In order to stay connected, our team researched some ways to virtually connect with employees. This includes virtual happy hours, Zoom master classes, virtual trivia nights, and more.
3. What exciting, new projects have you been able to work on as a result of working from home? What are you most excited for when we return to the office?
We were able to prepare the office for re-entry. We are excited for our team to be able to see and enjoy all of the new amenities, which includes the arcade, tech-free relaxation room, and the 10th floor bar here in our Birmingham office!
4. How do you decide what perks and events to offer to team members?
Since we can no longer do Friday lunch catering or free goodies in the office, we have started sending employee appreciation boxes in celebration of different holidays and seasons. This gives our team members something to look forward to — plus, who doesn’t love free gifts and snacks?
5. Finally: What’s always on the office Shipt orders, now that we’re re-entering?
La Croix, always.
We’re lucky to have such an amazing Properties team! Follow along as we share more Shipt stories from HQ on the blog. Looking to join our unapologetically authentic workforce? See what roles are open.