Love Letter Pastries for your Valentine
They love you, they love you not, they love you, they love you not, they love you… so much they bake you love letters made of delish pie crust and fresh fruit. These letters may not have any writing, but they still say a lot. Filled with fresh pears, strawberries, peaches or raspberries, these treats are as sweet to eat as they are to receive and will show everyone on your Valentine’s list how much you care.
Love Letter Pastries
- 1 pie crust, refrigerated
- Peaches, sliced
- Strawberries, sliced
- Pears, sliced
- Raspberries, sliced
- Whipping cream
- Sprinkle flour over the cutting board and unroll the pie crust.
- Cut off the edges of the pie crust to form a square, then cut the large square into four smaller, even squares.
- Using a small heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut four small hearts from the leftover edge pieces of the pie crust.
- Place the four squares of pie crust onto a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Arrange slices of peaches and strawberries on two of the squares, then place slices of pear and raspberries onto the other two.
- Sprinkle sugar and flour over the fruit, then fold three corners of the pie crust inward to form the “envelope.”
- Place the small heart-shaped piece of pie crust at the meeting point of the three corners and brush with whipping cream.
- Bake the fruit-filled love letters at 350ºF for 15-20 minutes, then share with the ones you love!
Show the love this Valentine’s Day by giving the gift of Shipt to someone special – sign up at Shipt.com!