From recipe passed down through the generations to unsuspecting “secret” ingredients, everyone has a tried and true method for making their favorite chocolate chip cookies. Whether you like them super rich or super flaky, extra or perfectly crisp – we made them all in order to find the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe. No matter your preference, this recipe shows you how to prepare your cookie just the way you like it. And if you still can’t decide, why not just make all of them?
Make Your Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar (or 2 cups white sugar)
- 1 cup butter (or 1 cup browned butter)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour (or 2 1/3 cups pastry flour)
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar with a hand mixer.
Tip: For a crispier cookie, try using 2 cups of white sugar instead of 1 cup brown and 1 cup white. Or if you want cookie that is rich in flavor, use browned butter instead of butter at room temperature.
- Add in eggs, vanilla, baking soda and salt and continue to mix together.
- Pour the flour into the bowl and mix until fully combined.
Tip: Create a flakier cookie by swapping all-purpose flour for pastry flour!
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in your chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
Tip: Freeze your dough overnight for a thicker cookie, a cold dough prevents the dough from spreading across the pan when baked.
- Scoop your dough into 1 inch balls and place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375ºF for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve hot with a cup of cold milk and enjoy!
Now get out there and make your own perfect chocolate chip cookie! Need the essentials? Go to Shipt.com and have your ingredients delivered straight to your door.