This Earth Month, we’re committed to exploring sustainable living. Did you know the US is the number one waste generating country in the world, with about 5 pounds of waste per person generated each year? That’s why we’re teaming up with Lauren Singer, a zero-waste advocate at Trash is for Tossers and CEO of the Package Free Shop, to learn simple sustainable tips that make a big difference.
Lauren Singer has built an empire on her values by sharing her zero waste lifestyle – from trash reduction tips to DIY home swaps (check back tomorrow for Lauren’s DIY home essentials recipes!) She’s passionate about making sustainability accessible to everyone. We especially love her tips to reduce waste without breaking the bank.
We agree with Lauren that an eco-friendly lifestyle should be simple and approachable. Throughout Earth Month, Lauren will be sharing her knowledge with us on our Youtube channel. Be sure you subscribe to be notified when Lauren’s videos drop!
Making your own toothpaste is a cinch with Lauren’s simple 4 ingredient recipe.
- Small glass bowl
- Bamboo toothbrush
- ⅛ tsp stevia, or to taste
- 2 TBSP coconut oil, room temperature
- 1 TBSP baking soda
- 20 drops peppermint essential oil
1. In a small glass bowl, add baking soda, coconut oil, stevia, and coconut oil.
2. Use a wooden chopstick to gently mix until all ingredients are incorporated.
3. Transfer mixture to a ceramic container or glass jar for storage.
Ready to start reducing waste? Get everything you need for homemade essentials with Shipt.