There’s just something special about festive beverages during the holiday season. From hot cocoa to signature cocktails, certain drinks put us all in the spirit.
This year, we’re whipping up 2 holly jolly mocktails: homemade eggnog and Grinch-inspired punch. These recipes are great for a family-friendly movie night or get together. Pro tip: If you want to make an adults-only version, add your favorite bourbon or vodka, respectively. Let’s get jolly!
6 egg yolks
½ cups sugar
2 cups milk
1 cup heavy whipping cream
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
Ground cinnamon and whipped cream, for garnish
1. In a medium bowl, whisk the egg yolks and sugar until creamy.
2. Over medium high heat, add cream, milk, nutmeg, and salt into a pan. Stir until mixture is simmering.
3. Add a heaping tablespoon of the warm mixture to the eggs and whisk vigorously. Repeat with remaining milk mixture until combined.
4. Over medium heat, add the new mixture into the pan and whisk constantly until the mixture thickens or reaches 160℉.
5. Remove from heat and add vanilla extract.
6. Pour eggnog into a heat-safe container, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until chilled.
7. Garnish with cinnamon and whipped cream. Eggnog will keep in the fridge for about a week.
½ gallon lime sherbet
1 liter sprite
½ gallon Green Hawaiian Punch
23 ounces pineapple juice
Red sugar sprinkles, to rim the glasses
1. In a large bowl, add the lime sherbet.
2. Add half of the sprite, half of the pineapple juice, and half of the Hawaiian Punch.
3. Add the red sugar sprinkles to the rim of the glass by first dipping the glass into water and then into the sprinkles. Serve and enjoy!
Get everything you need for merry and bright mocktails delivered with Shipt.