What better way to enjoy dessert than by picking it from a patch of pumpkin bread truffles! This fresh take on a traditional favorite, pumpkin pie, is equally delicious as it is fun to make. Filled with Libby’s 100% Pure Pumpkin, these truffles are packed with all the flavor of a pumpkin pie in a small bite-sized punch.
Pumpkin Bread Truffles
- 1/2 can Libby’s 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 24 oz orange candy melts, melted
- 2 oz green decorative frosting
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, cloves, nutmeg and salt.
- In a separate bowl, blend together butter and sugar until creamy. Next, blend in the egg and Libby’s 100% Pure Pumpkin. Add flour and blend until smooth.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into a bread pan. Bake at 325ºF for 65-75 minutes.
- Allow the pumpkin bread to cool, then crumble into a large bowl. Add cream cheese frosting and combine until the bread mixture sticks together.
- Using your hands, roll one inch balls out of the pumpkin bread mixture and place them on a baking pan. Refrigerate the pumpkin truffles for 30 minutes until firm.
- Place pumpkin truffles on a fork and dip into the orange candy melts until fully covered. Place coated truffles on a drying rack. Chill for at least two hours.
- Finish by topping the truffles with green decorative frosting to create pumpkin vines and enjoy!
Find everything you need to make your homemade pumpkin patch at shipt.com.