Quinoa Bowl for your California Cravings
Make room in your kitchen tonight, because we are bringing the West Coast straight to your table. No need to pack a carry-on, this California inspired quinoa bowl showcases the best of the Golden State. With fresh and vibrant ingredients such as avocado, kale and grilled chicken served on a bed of quinoa, this meal is full of nutrients and can be customized just how you like it!
California Quinoa Bowl
- 3/4 lb chicken breast
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 ½ cups chicken broth
- 2 cups white quinoa
- 1 red onion, sliced by width
- 1 zucchini
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup corn
- 2 cups baby kale
- In a medium bowl, mix together olive oil, honey, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper to create your chicken marinade.
- Place the chicken breasts into a ziplock bag and pour the marinade over the chicken, leaving a little marinade leftover for later. Marinate the chicken for at least 30 minutes.
- Place the marinated chicken in the frying pan and cook on medium-high heat for four minutes on each side.
- In a pot, add chicken broth, quinoa and salt, and simmer on low for 20 minutes.
- Add red onion and zucchini to a large frying pan and drizzle the leftover marinade on to the veggies. Cook for two minutes or until tender.
- Fill your bowl with quinoa and top with avocado, tomatoes, corn, kale, roasted veggies and chicken. Drizzle your favorite dressing over the quinoa bowl and enjoy!
Get these ingredients, and more at shipt.com.