One of our favorite things about Spring is the rain.
We love how everything can go from being blanketed in pollen to fresh and sparkly clean, how the temperature dips just a bit with each storm to offer cooling breezes, how graceful it feels (Today, you don’t have to do everything. Take a break.).
We love that rainy days feel easy, a little (or a lot) indulgent, and full of possibilities. You can do whatever you want with these cloudy hours, especially when we can grab your groceries for you.
Take your galoshes off; hang up your rain jacket; do something nice for yourself and the people around you.
Treat yourself to something simple but comforting (we’ve got some ideas!). Keep it fun, of course. We’re celebrating Spring in all of its glory. Rain or shine, we love it.There’s something about holding a mug that feels nurturing and sweet. And today, you deserve that.
So we took our craving for mac n’ cheese and put it in a mug, then proceeded to top it with breadcrumbs and more cheese until achieving crispy, bubbly perfection.
Mac N’ Cheese Mugs
4 of your favorite heat-safe mugs
1 box of mac n’ cheese of your choice (We love Annie’s!)
1 c Italian breadcrumbs
1 c of shredded cheese (cheddar, mozzarella, pepper jack, etc.)
- Preheat your oven’s broiler.
- Lightly brush your mugs with olive oil and place on baking sheet.
- Prepare your mac n’ cheese to the box’s instructions.
- In a small bowl, mix breadcrumbs and cheese.
- Divide macaroni into 4 mugs, and top with breadcrumb mixture.
- Lightly drizzle olive oil over filled mugs.
- Broil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and handle with oven mitts. Serve with soft blankets and Netflix!
Brownie Cookie Bake
We don’t know about you, but any sort of colder weather has us hankering for chocolate. Ooey gooey, chunky, crunchy, all of it. We put our playful thinking caps on, and eureka, it’s all possible (in one dish)! Bake brownies on top of cookies, of course!
Different from a “brookie,” we ended up with perfectly browned edged and a super soft and fudgey center, almost like a dessert casserole. Toppings anyone?
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly brush an 8×8 glass baking dish with vegetable oil or line with parchment paper.
- Leave out break and bake cookies to soften at room temperature while mixing together brownie batter.
- Once brownie batter is prepared, press cookie dough into even layer in baking dish. Pour batter on top.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Enjoy warm with ice cream, or cool off and top with peanut butter and any other rainy day craving!
And the most perfect and humble of rainy day foods?
A never-fail bowl of buttered popcorn. Crunchy, salty, perfect.
Grab a book; turn down the tv; listen to the sound of April showers becoming May flowers.
Check out our Rainy Day category for more sweets and treats.
Enjoy these moments, we’ll get the groceries.