Roll Up With Some Springtime Veggies
Step aside winter soups and stews, it’s time to make way for the fresh and vibrant flavors of springtime vegetables. Filled with an abundance of veggies – like cucumbers, avocados and carrots – these Spring rolls let you skip the hassle of cooking and get straight to the snacking. Served with our favorite peanut sauce dressing, there is no wrong way to enjoy these delicious rolls, whether you dip, dunk or pour your sauce on top.
Here’s a fun tip to make prep even easier: Chop up your veggies in bulk and store them in a
Homemade Spring Rolls
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tsp ginger, grated
- 6 tbsp hot water
- 2 cups hot water
- Rice paper wrappers
- Cooked shrimp, sliced
- Carrot, sliced
- Cucumber, sliced
- Avocado, sliced
- Mint, sliced
- Red cabbage, sliced
- Basil, sliced
- Tofu, sliced
- Beets, sliced
- Cilantro, sliced
- To create the peanut sauce, mix peanut butter, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, ginger and hot water in a bowl, and mix well.
- Submerge one rice paper wrapper into a dish containing the hot water for 15 seconds.
- Remove rice paper from water and place on the cutting board, with the textured side facing up.
- In the center of the wrapper, layer shrimp, carrot, cucumber, avocado, mint, red cabbage and basil.
- Or, to create a vegetarian option, layer tofu, carrot, cucumber, avocado, beets, basil and cilantro in the center of your rice paper wrapper.
- Starting from the side closest to you, fold the bottom of the wrapper over the veggies and begin rolling.
- Tuck the sides of the wrapper into the roll and continue to fold over the remaining wrapper.
- Repeat steps 2-7 with remaining rice paper wrappers and ingredients.
- Cut your spring rolls in half, dip into your peanut sauce and enjoy!
Get all your fresh Spring ingredients straight to your door at Shipt.com!