Everyone has their go-to breakfast staples. Whether you’re a pancakes person or all about the sausage and eggs, we can all agree on one thing – more breakfast is a good thing. We’re taking two breakfast staples – the classic bowl of cereal and a bagel with cream cheese (or “schmear” as its known by our friends in NYC) and adding a
- 5 bagels
- 1/2 lb sausage
- 1/2 cup red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup mushroom, sliced
- 4 oz spinach
- 4 oz Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 3 tsp chives, diced
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- Salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup Kellogg’s Special K Original Cereal
- With a knife, halve each of the bagels and hollow out the interior of the bagel.
- In a saucepan, cook the sausage for 10-15 minutes, then remove leaving behind the remaining oil.
- Add the red peppers, spinach and mushrooms to the oil and cook for 7-10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sausage, veggies, chives and Philadelphia Cream Cheese, then stuff the hollow bagels with the mixture.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper, then pour over the sausage mixture, filling the hollow interior of the bagels.
- Top the bagels with shredded cheese and bake at 350ºF for 23-28 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a large pan, then add the almond, coconut and oats. Stir for 5-10 minutes or until toasted
- Mix in the ground ginger, salt, honey and Kellogg’s Special K Original Cereal, stirring until toasted to your liking.
- In a serving cup, layer the granola between berries and yogurt to create the perfect parfait!
What are your favorite out-of-the-box breakfast recipes? Share in the comments and find more recipe inspiration at Shipt.com!