There’s no mistaking the telltale signs of autumn. The air gets a little brisker, the leaves change color, and pumpkins appear on doorsteps and menus as if by magic. Now that fall is in full swing and we’re gearing up for the holiday baking season, we decided to spice up a new kind of pumpkin treat. These mini pumpkin cakes may look complex, but they’re deceivingly simple to create — and sure to impress any holiday guest. A centerpiece for your table and dessert all in one, these sweet treats are anything bundt ordinary!
MINI PUMPKIN CAKES
Makes 6 Pumpkins
- Duncan Hines spice cake mix
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 3 large eggs
- Duncan Hines cream cheese frosting
- Duncan Hines chocolate frosting
- Chopped pecans
- Pretzel twists
- Optional: sprinkles, orange food coloring
- Prepare spice cake mix according to box instructions.
- Fill mini bundt pan halfway with cake batter.
- Bake 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees F. Cool completely.
- Take cakes out of mold. Trim bottoms, ensuring they’re flat, and lay cut side up.
- Frost cut half of each bundt with thin layer of cream cheese frosting. Top half the cakes with chopped pecans.
- Press two frosted halves (one half with pecans) together to form ‘pumpkin.’
- Combine orange food coloring and white cream cheese frosting, and use chocolate frosting as is. Decorate!
- Insert pretzel twist in the middle of the cake as a stem.