Spice up Mealtime with One-Pot Tex Mex
As the days grow shorter and nights get colder, we’re all looking for ways to bundle up and savor the new fall season. Perfect for a busy weeknight, this hearty meal has all your favorite Tex-Mex ingredients mixed into an easy, one-pot recipe that minimizes dreaded dish duty. Whether it’s a family game night or cozying up with a good book, this meal leaves more time for the things you really want to do.
- Olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 3 tsp cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 10 oz Cascadian Farms sweet corn
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 zucchinis, diced
- 1 packet El Paso taco seasoning
- 1 cup cheese
- Green onion, for garnish
- Cilantro, for garnish
- In a pan, drizzle olive oil. Add onions, bell peppers and garlic. Cook on medium-low heat for three minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken, salt, pepper and 1 1/2 tsp cumin. Mix together and cook uncovered for five minutes.
- Add Cascadian Farms sweet corn, black beans, tomatoes, zucchinis, and 1 1/2 tsp cumin.
- Mix in one packet of El Paso taco seasoning, salt and pepper to taste. Cover the pan and cook for additional 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the mixture with cheese, heat until melted.
- Serve in bowls and garnish with green onion and cilantro for additional flavor!
Try this recipe, and more at shipt.com.