Crisp romaine pairs perfectly with seasoned chicken breast in this hearty salad. Add in crunchy tortilla strips and a cilantro-lime vinaigrette for some major Southwest vibes.
Sunny Southwest Salad
2 heads romaine lettuce, chopped
1 bell pepper, cut into strips
½ cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
½ cup corn kernels, cooked
1 avocado, sliced into chunks
½ cup tortilla strips
1 chicken breast, about ½ pound
1 teaspoon chipotle seasoning
Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette
⅓ cup olive oil
¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
3 tablespoons lime juice
Salt and pepper to taste
To make the chipotle chicken
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Season the chicken with chipotle seasoning.
3. Cook the chicken for about 7-8 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reads 165°.
4. Let chicken rest for several minutes until cooled, then slice into strips.
To make the salad
1. Add lettuce, bell pepper strips, black beans, cherry tomatoes, and corn to a large bowl.
2. In a separate small bowl, whisk together olive oil, cilantro, lime juice, and a pinch each of salt and pepper.
3. Toss the salad with the vinaigrette. Top with chicken strips, avocado chunks, and tortilla strips.
Meal prep like a pro. Add these summery salad ingredients to your order today at shipt.com.