Three Grilled Cheese & Soup Combos That’ll Make You Melt
Grilled cheese and a warm bowl of soup is the one thing we tend to crave on a cold, rainy day, and it’s no wonder: gooey, cheesy goodness paired with our favorite soup is just the thing that warms us up inside AND out. Whenever we ask our fans what their favorite comfort food is, they tell us without question: grilled cheese and soup.
So in honor of everyone’s favorite comfort food, we decided to create three grilled cheese variations (a kid-friendly version, a healthy-ish version, and an extra decadent version) to go with your favorite soup — perfect for those cold, rainy days when you want nothing more than to hunker down with a blanket and a good book.
Read on for our grilled cheese and soup combos, guaranteed to warm you up!
Mac & Cheese Bacon-Stuffed Grilled Cheese (Suggested Pairing: Minestrone with Italian Sausage)
- Heat griddle pan to medium on stove. Spread generous heaping of butter on two slices of hearty sourdough bread. Spread one teaspoon harissa on inside of one slice of bread.
- Place one slice of bread on pan, top with large slice of gruyere cheese, ⅓ cup cooked mac & cheese, and one slice of pre-cooked bacon. (TIP: We prefer to chop our bacon so it’s easier to eat). Top with harissa-smeared bread.
- Grill until both sides are golden to your desired perfection. Enjoy immediately with a cup of hot minestrone.
Grilled Cheese Dipping Sticks (Suggested Pairing: Hearty Tomato Soup)
- Place griddle pan on medium-high heat. Generously butter two slices of hearty white bread. Add a generous slice of cheddar (or your child’s favorite cheese) to slice and top with the other slice. Add to pan and grill to your child’s desire of golden.
- Remove from pan and cut grilled cheese length-wise into strips.
- Serve immediately with a mug of hot and hearty tomato soup for extra-fun dunking!
Smashed Raspberry Grilled Goat Cheese (Suggested Pairing: French Onion Soup)
- Apply generous coating of extra-virgin olive oil to griddle pan and heat on medium-high stove.
- Add ½ cup of fresh raspberries to bowl and mash with one teaspoon honey.
- Spread ⅓ cup of goat cheese to hearty multi-grain bread and top with smashed raspberries using spoon. Top with a few rosemary tips and season with freshly ground pepper.
- Add sandwich to pan and grill until desired level of golden-brown.
- Serve immediately with a bowl of hot french onion soup and enjoy!
Try all three combos and let us know what you think!