Three Slam-Dunk Snacks for a Basketball Madness Viewing Party
March is full of basketball games, bracket chat, and most of all, super yummy munchies. After all, aren’t snacks the best part of any game-watching experience? Here are some super-easy snack recipes to serve (and blow away) your weekend tourney-watching guests. Check our newest app category and save when you stock up on supplies for these slam-dunk snacks.
- 1 package (17.3 oz) Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheets, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 package (14 oz) Eckrich Li’l Smokies Cocktail Smoked Sausage
How To Make:
- Set the pastry sheets out to thaw. Heat the oven to 400°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Beat the egg in a small bowl with a fork.
- Sprinkle the flour on the work surface. Unfold 1 pastry sheet on the work surface. Roll the pastry sheet into a 10×14-inch rectangle. Trim a bit off the edges to make sure they’re straight. Cut the rectangle into 7 (2×10-inch) strips. Stack the strips on top of each other, making sure to match up the edges.
- With the long side facing you, cut off and discard about 1-inch from the left and right ends of the stack on the diagonal (make sure both cuts are slanted in the same direction). Then, cut the stack crosswise, using the same diagonal cuts, into 3 (about 3-inch long) sections (yielding 21 pieces of pastry). Repeat with the remaining pastry sheet, making 42 pieces in all.
- Place 1 piece of pastry on the work surface, with a pointed end facing you. Place 1 sausage crosswise across the center of the pastry. Brush the pointed end farthest from you with the egg mixture. Starting at the end closest to you, roll the pastry around the sausage and press to seal. Repeat with the remaining sausage and pastry. Place the wrapped sausages onto the baking sheets. Brush with the remaining egg.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown. Serve with your favorite hot dog condiments.
- 1 package (11.75 oz) Pepperidge Farm® Mozzarella & Garlic Bread or Five Cheese Bread
- 1/2 cup Italian tomato sauce
- 6 oz frozen fully-cooked Armour® Original Meatballs (12 meatballs)
How To Make:
- Heat the oven to 400°F. Remove the bread from the bag. Carefully separate the bread halves with a fork. Place the 2 bread halves, cut-side up, onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the bread is heated through.
- While the oven is heating, start the sauce and meatballs. Cook in a 2-quart saucepan over low heat for 20 minutes or until the meatballs are heated through. Spoon the meatball mixture onto the bottom bread half. Top with the top bread half. Cut into quarters and serve!
The Bracket Buster
- 1 package Eckrich Smoked Sausage (12 oz-14 oz)
- 20 Pepperidge Farm Cracker Trio Crackers
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 package (4 oz) shredded mozzarella cheese
How To Make:
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Slice sausage into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Heat oil in large oven-proof skillet over medium heat. Add sausage to skillet and cook until browned.
- Top sausage pieces with cheese, then place skillet in oven and bake until cheese is lightly browned.
- Place cheese-covered sausage on crackers and serve!
Check out our newest app category jam-packed with all your favorite snack supplies here, and get $5 off your next order when you spend $15 on your favorite Eckrich, Armour, and Pepperidge Farm products.*