Dumplings can be made with a wide variety of fillings. Once you’ve mastered the perfect fold, the world is your oyster.
You can make your own dumpling wrappers from scratch, but we think the pre-made ones are almost as good and will save you tons of time. Find out how to make these scrumptious pork and veggie dumplings.
Vegetable oil for frying
1 pound ground pork
3 stalks green onion
1 cup Napa cabbage, finely sliced
1 carrot, grated
1 tablespoon ginger, grated
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon Shaoxing wine (rice wine)
¼ teaspoon of ground white pepper
⅓ cup water
Salt, to taste
1. Combine pork, pepper, soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, and rice wine.
- You can substitute ground pork with dried shiitake mushrooms. Soak the dried mushrooms in hot water for 10 minutes, squeeze the water out, and finely chop.
2. Mix cabbage, carrot, ginger, and salt with pork or mushrooms until fully incorporated. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. On a lightly floured surface, set out dumpling wrappers. Brush the edges of the wrappers with water and drop a heaped tablespoon of filling in the center.
4. Fold the wrapper closed and firmly press the edges together. Create a pleated fold by folding each side, one at a time, toward the middle. Repeat until you have 4 total pleats.
- If you plan to cook them later, place the formed dumplings in an airtight container and freeze.
5. Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a heavy-bottomed pan over medium-high heat. Carefully place dumplings and fry for 2 minutes or until the bottom begins to crisp.
6. Add water, cover, and cook for 8 minutes.
7. Serve and enjoy!
Hungry yet? Get everything you need to create your perfect dumplings delivered with Shipt.