Take your Taco Tuesday to a whole new level with a creative spin on the classic chips and salsa snack. This week, swap out the chips for a personal serving of black bean salsa in delicious tortilla cup. Topped with creamy chipotle mayo made from Miracle Whip and Tapatio, these salsa cups are packed full of flavor and will surely impress the whole family!
Black Bean Salsa Taco Cups with Chipotle Mayo
Black Bean Salsa Taco Cups
- 4 corn tortillas
- 15 oz can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 oz can of corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 2 tbsp Tapatio Hot Sauce
- 2 tbsp chives, chopped
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 avocado, sliced (for topping)
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped (for topping)
Black Bean Salsa Cups
- Flip a 12-cup muffin tin upside down and apply non-stick spray across the bottom.
- Nestle a corn tortilla in the space between four cups so the edges are upright and form a “cup.” Repeat with three remaining tortillas (without overlapping) to fill tin. Bake at 375º for 10 min and let cool.
- In a large bowl, mix together black beans, corn, cucumber, tomato, green onions.
- Drizzle in lime juice and olive oil, then top with cilantro, cumin, cayenne and salt. Mix well.
- Scoop the black bean salsa into the baked tortillas to create your salsa cups.
- In a large bowl, mix Miracle Whip, Tapatio Hot Sauce, chives, lime juice, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Top your filled black bean salsa cups with a dollop of chipotle mayo. Finish with sliced avocado and cilantro.
Get these ingredients, and more at shipt.com.