Shipt, Inc. E-Sign Consent
The Shipt platform is an e-commerce service that facilitates the purchase of and delivery of items from Shipt’s partner retailers. Members and Shoppers can access the Shipt platform only via a modern electronic device with internet or mobile connectivity, such as a computer, smartphone, and similar modern devices. As such, the transactions and communications necessary for Shipt to provide services are purely electronic in nature.
In that regard, Shipt, Inc., its parent company and affiliates, and third party service providers (“Shipt”) may need to provide you with certain communications, notices, agreements or disclosures in writing (“Communications”) regarding the Shipt Platform, and your account. By law, we are required to confirm that you are able to, and do (1) consent to receive Communications electronically from Shipt, rather than in paper form, including without limitation entering into agreements with Shipt concerning use of the Shipt platform and transactions made by you using Shipt, and (2) consent to the use of electronic signatures in our relationship with you. Your acknowledgement of the foregoing is memorialized by this E-Sign Consent (“Consent”).
Given that Shipt is a purely e-commerce offering, please note that if you choose not to agree to this Consent or you withdraw your consent, you will be unable to use the Services.
Electronic Delivery of Communications and Use of Electronic Signatures
We may also use electronic signatures and obtain them from you. You acknowledge that, per applicable law, “electronic signatures” for purposes hereof include an electronic sound, symbol, process attached to or logically associated with a contract or other record and executed or adopted by a person with the intent to sign the record and be legally bound, including without limitation the action of taking action within the user interface of the Shipt platform, such as by clicking a button, to affirmatively indicate your intent to proceed with a specific transaction (i.e. clicking a button in the Shipt platform labeled “Create Account,” “Start Trial,” “Place Order,” and similar language).
To access and retain the electronic Communications, you will need the following:
- A modern computer or mobile device with Internet or mobile connectivity possessing sufficient storage capacity and computing capability.
- A printer if you desire to print hard copies of Communications.
- For Shipt website Communications, we recommend you use an updated, recent version of one of the following widely used browsers: Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, or Microsoft Edge.
- For Shipt mobile application Communication, you will need a modern mobile device that supports text messaging and can access applications from the Apple App Store or Google Play store. We do not support Windows smartphones, or Kindle Fire devices and tablets.
- Access to the email address associated with your Shipt account.
- If you use a spam filter that blocks or re-routes emails from senders not listed in your email address book, you may need to configure that filter to permit the receipt of emails from Shipt.
You have the right to request a paper copy of applicable Communications. To request a paper copy of any Communication at no charge, please write to Shipt, Inc., 17 20th St. N., #100, Birmingham, AL 35203 Attn: Legal (“Shipt Address”) specifying in detail the Communication you would like to receive. Please note, Shipt will not retain certain categories of communication indefinitely, and will provide its record of Communications only to the extent that, consistent with its internal records retention schedule and applicable law, it retains such Communication. Requesting a paper record under this section does not, by itself, constitute a withdrawal of consent to receive electronic Communications.
Withdrawal of Consent to Electronic Communications
Receipt of electronic Communications is necessary to receive Services through the Shipt platform. In order to withdraw your consent to receive electronic Communications, you must cancel your account through the account cancellation channels otherwise available in the Shipt platform.
Updating Your Email Address
You may update the email address associated with your account through on the “Account” page located within the Shipt platform. Please contact us via email at [email protected], online through our Live Chat feature, or telephonically at (205)-502-2500. Our support is available twenty four hours a day, seven days a week.