3 Ways to Hack the Summer Heat
This time of year is filled with warm weather, summer camps, weekend trips and just about any excuse to spend time outside with friends and family. We want to make your lives a little easier, so we’re sharing some of our favorite ways to hack the summer heat with simple tricks to cool down. From an innovative way to treat sunburns, to upgrading your favorite drinks and creating a new way to bring them with you on-the-go – you’ll be made in the shade.
Need a fast way to cool down this summer? Target has all of the essentials you’ll need from groceries to household essentials and beyond to beat the heat:
Aloe Ice Cubes
Mosquitoes and UV rays aren’t the friendliest to your skin – we’re taking skin relief to the next level with soothing aloe vera ice cubes. They’re easy to make and quickly treat bug bites and sunburns.
- Up&up Aloe Vera
- Ice cube tray
- Squeeze Aloe Vera gel evenly into ice cube tray.
- Freeze overnight and rub on bug bites and sunburns.
Fruit Ice Cubes
Looking for a way to upgrade your favorite summer beverage? Freeze fresh fruit and herbs into ice cubes! The flavors will diffuse into your drink as the ice cubes melt, enhancing the taste of your beverage as you sip.
- Fresh fruit and herbs: blueberries, raspberries, blackberries and mint.
- Ice cube tray
- Place fresh fruit into ice cube tray. Pour water evenly over fruit to fill ice cube molds.
- Freeze for 4 hours, add to your favorite beverage and enjoy!
Homemade Juice Pouches
During summer, you and your family are on-the-go, so we wanted to make sure you could make your favorite drinks portable, too! We’re sharing our favorite lemonade recipe in a convenient juice pouch – a homemade twist on a kid favorite.
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 cups water
- Up&up portion control snack bags
- Colorful straws
- Combine water, lemon juice and sugar and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour lemonade into portion control snack bags.
- Carefully cut a small opening near the seal and pierce with straw.
Want to beat the summer heat and try out these summer hacks? Click here to start shopping.