4 Tips To Make Meal Planning a Snap
“There aren’t enough hours in the day.”
“Buying fast food is just easier.”
“Who has time to eat healthy?”
If these thoughts have ever crossed your mind, we’re here to help. Done right, meal plans and grocery lists can save you money, limit impulse buying, and support healthier, more diverse eating habits.
Four Easy Steps for Meal Planning:
- Take one day a week to schedule your meals. You can do it during TV time, your lunch break, or right before bed — whenever you’ve got 30 minutes to spare.
- Start your meal planning journey by brainstorming the healthy ingredients you like, and finding a few simple, quick recipes that use the same ingredients in different ways.
- Put those recipes into a meal plan. Every time you add a recipe to your meal plan, take note of the ingredients, the number of servings you’re making, and what you can expect to have left over. Meal planning made easy!
- Use your leftovers in creative ways. (See below.)
Creative Ways to Use Leftovers:
- – Cut up leftover sweet potato and add to roasted brussels sprouts and pecans for a stunning side dish.
- – Use leftover beans, salsa, and meat from Taco Tuesday in a salad later in the week.
- – Use Wednesday’s chicken dinner to make a chicken sandwich for lunch the next day.
If you plan ahead for these things, you’ll know exactly how much to buy and cook to make the most of your grocery budget!
Pack Health and Shipt are teaming up together to provide members with resources like helpful meal recommendations and convenient grocery delivery that make it easier to live a healthy life. With nutritional guidance from Pack Health including sugar-free and gluten-free options, along with same-day grocery delivery from Shipt, you can avoid unhealthy impulse buys that interrupt your healthy eating plans and increase your spending. You’ll also enjoy more meals at home, without all the stress of figuring out what you want to eat each day.
Click here to download a meal planning template developed by dieticians at Pack Health, and let Shipt deliver your grocery list in as soon as one hour!
About Pack Health
Pack Health is a health management company that helps people with chronic conditions achieve and maintain healthy lifestyles and improve clinical outcomes. As advocates and partners, we work to ensure our members realize their personal health-related goals through proven condition-specific, personalized programs and education. Our Health Advisors engage directly with people in lasting, one-on-one relationships, offering coaching, care coordination, guidance and convenient, on-demand support to remove barriers to better care and improve quality of life. For more information, visit www.PackHealth.com.