For a no-fuss dinner, look no further than these mini pot pies. They’re filled with protein and veggies (and a little cheese!) for a healthy meal prep option.
Muffin Veggie and Chicken Pot Pies
1 package premade pie crust dough
For the filling
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic
2 carrots, finely diced
1 heaped tablespoon flour
1 cup whole milk
½ cup chicken stock
½ cup frozen corn
½ cup frozen peas
1 cup broccoli florets, chopped
1 cup rotisserie chicken, chopped
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
¼ cup parsley, finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 375℉.
2. Add oil, onion, carrots, and garlic to a large saucepan and sweat down.
3. Add flour and stir quickly for 30 seconds. Slowly add milk and chicken stock. Reduce heat to simmer.
4. Add vegetables and chicken and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, until the veggies are soft and filling has thickened.
5. Remove from heat, add cheddar, and parsley, stirring slowly.
6. Cut pie crust into 5-inch rounds with a cookie cutter and place into muffin tins. Add filling and crimp pie edges over. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Pro tip: To freeze and bake later, take the assembled, uncooked muffin tray of pies and freeze for 2 hours. Then, remove pies from the tray and add them into freezer bags for long term storage.
Ready to get back into routine? Prep for simple weeknight meals by getting all of these ingredients and more delivered with Shipt.