The perfect after-school comfort food, these taco bowls with veggie chili will be everyone’s new fave. Bonus: They’re filled with fiber and nutrients (and deliciousness)!
Taco Bowls with Veggie Chili
For veggie chili:
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
2 white onions, diced
2 sweet potatoes, chopped
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 can chickpeas
1 can black beans
3 cans charred tomatoes
For the taco bowl:
Gluten-free burrito size tortillas
To make chili:
1. Add onions and a tablespoon of oil to a large casserole pan on medium heat. Sweat down for about 5 minutes.
2. Add cumin, paprika, cocoa powder, and 1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar.
3. Add sweet potatoes and let cook for another 4 minutes.
4. Add peppers and cook for another 2 minutes.
5. Strain black beans and add to the mixture. Then, add chickpeas and charred tomatoes, including their liquids, to the mixture. Stir. Salt and pepper to taste.
6. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cover. Cook for 30 minutes.
To make burrito bowls:
1. Preheat oven to 4350℉. Using oven-safe bowls, add tortillas into them. Bake for 5 minutes or until crispy.
2. Fill with all your favorite taco fillings. Our favorites are: corn salsa, grated carrot dressed with apple cider vinegar and cumin, rice, cotija, and sour cream.
3. Pro-tip: Fill large silicone ice cube molds with leftover chili and stick into the freezer to enjoy later. To reheat, add cubes to a saucepan with a splash of vegetable broth.
Ready to get back into routine? Prep for simple weeknight meals by getting all of these ingredients and more delivered with Shipt.