Join Shipt Senior Designer, Clarisse M., and her dad “Big Rob” while they make a family-favorite recipe: Big Rob’s Barbecue Marinade Pork Skewers. This recipe and a love of cooking has brought artsy Clarisse and her analytical father closer together. Dig into this delicious, garlicky goodness.
Big Rob’s Barbecue Marinade Pork Skewers
2 lbs pork butt, cut into 1 inch wide and ¼-inch thick pieces
For the Marinade:
1 cup soy sauce
1 cup cane vinegar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup sweet chili sauce
1 tbsp ground black pepper
½ cup minced garlic
Juice of 1 lemon
½ cup ketchup
½ cup sweet chili sauce
1. Combine all marinade ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
2. Add in pork and combine. Make sure all pieces are covered in marinade mixture. Cover bowl and put in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight.
3. When you’re ready to grill, prepare the basting mixture by combining ketchup and sweet chili sauce. Set aside.
4. Thread 3 to 4 pieces of pork onto bamboo skewers.
5. Grill for 3 to 4 minutes per side.
6. Baste both sides of the pork skewers with a brush and grill for 1 to 2 more minutes.
7. Serve with rice and enjoy!
What are you serving up this Father’s Day? Get all of the ingredients you need for a delicious, dad-approved meal delivered with Shipt!