Get your home holiday-ready by accessorizing the trickiest spots with one universal item – garland. Garlands come in many different materials and can be easily layered. We’ve teamed up with Nathan and Julia Flowers to show you how to dress up your mantle, tree, dining table, and more just in time for the holidays.
Here’s how to make a dried orange garland if you’re looking for a cheerful craft:
Dried Orange Garland
2 navel oranges
1. Cut oranges crosswise.
2. Place on sheet.
3. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
4. Cook for 1 hour and 15 mins, flip.
5. Cook for another 1 hour and 15 mins. You want them to come out dry and ever so slightly browned.
6. Let them cool for at least a couple hours, or if you time it right, let them sit overnight — they should be completely dry.
7. When the oranges are cool, use scissors to poke two holes into the flesh of each slice (not the rind), about half an inch apart and string the wire through.
Have more holiday crafts in mind? Get all your supplies delivered with Shipt.