The days of eating plain old chicken nuggets are going extinct. Why be bland when you can serve your family a plate of homemade “dinosaur” nuggets? Don’t worry, these nuggets don’t have any real dino in them, but they do have a twist. Covered in a layer of crunchy Honey Nut Cheerios, these chicken nuggets are both savory and sweet, and are sure to dino-score you major points from even the pickiest eaters!
Dinosaur Chicken Nuggets
- 1 1/2 cups Honey Nut Cheerios
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a food processor, blend together Honey Nut Cheerios, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, black pepper and paprika until ground into a fine mixture.
- In a large bowl, add ground chicken, egg, salt and pepper, and combine with a wooden spoon.
- On a cutting board lined with parchment paper, fill the dinosaur-shaped cookie cutters with ground chicken, then remove the cookie cutter, leaving behind a dinosaur-shaped nugget.
- Freeze the dinosaur nuggets for 15-20 minutes.
- Dunk the frozen dinosaur nugget into flour, then egg, and coat with the Honey Nut Cheerios mixture. Repeat this step for each piece of chicken.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, bake the dinosaur nuggets at 375ºF for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve your nuggets with your favorite condiments and veggies, and enjoy!
Tip: Make the dinosaur nuggets in bulk and freeze them for dino-mite chicken nuggets whenever you need them!
Looking for more easy and fun meals to make this week? Get everything you need delivered to your door at Shipt.com!