Our Favorite Cinco de Mayo Margarita Recipe
In honor of Cinco de Mayo, we wanted to share our very favorite margarita recipe (see below) — one that is tried and true and guaranteed to impress. Whip it up, let us know what you think, and be sure to tag us in it on Facebook and Instagram and we’ll share our faves!
Cinco do Mayo Margarita (serves 1)
- Ice Cubes
- 3 ounces tequila
- 2 ounces freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 ounce simple syrup (made by heating up 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water until sugar dissolves)
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon orange liqueur
- 1 tablespoon lime-salt-sugar made with zest of one lime, 2 tablespoons kosher salt, and 2 tablespoons sugar
- Make simple syrup and lime-salt-sugar and set aside.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add tequila, lime juice, simple syrup, and orange liqueur.
- Cover and shake until mixed and chilled, about 30 seconds.
- Place lime-salt-sugar on a plate and press the rim of a glass into the mixture to rim the edge.
- Strain margarita into the glass and enjoy!
Get all your favorite Cinco de Mayo supplies delivered straight to your door with Shipt. Happy Cinco de Mayo from the Shipt Fam!