From the Shipt Kitchen: Waffle Corn Dogs
We can’t wait for the fireworks, festivities and fun that come with the Fourth of July! No better way to celebrate than with friends, family and finger food – so we’re sharing our backyard twist on a ballpark favorite. Presenting the waffle corn dog: a 5-star (spangled) snack that’s free from the fryer, but still packed with the same delicious taste. Easy to hold in one hand as you wave a sparkler in the other. Have a safe and happy Independence Day!
WAFFLE CORN DOGS
- 4 Oscar Mayer hot dogs
- 1 box corn muffin mix
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
- 2 tbsp. chives
- Ketchup and mustard, for dipping
- Preheat waffle iron. Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine corn muffin mix, egg, and sour cream. Stir until evenly combined then fold in cheddar and chives.
- Cut each hot dog in half lengthwise and then stick a skewer into each piece.
- Spread about half of the batter onto greased waffle iron. Place hot dogs on top, then spread the remaining batter over hot dogs.
- Close the waffle iron and cook until the waffle is cooked through about 4 minutes.
- Carefully remove waffle, cut into individual pieces and serve with favorite dipping sauce!