We can’t wait for the fireworks, festivities and fun that come with the Fourth of July! No better way to celebrate than with friends, family and finger food – so we’re sharing our backyard twist on a ballpark favorite. Presenting the waffle corn dog: a 5-star (spangled) snack that’s free from the fryer, but still packed with the same delicious taste. Easy to hold in one hand as you wave a sparkler in the other. Have a safe and happy Independence Day!
WAFFLE CORN DOGS
- 4 Oscar Mayer hot dogs
- 1 box corn muffin mix
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
- 2 tbsp. chives
- Ketchup and mustard, for dipping
- Preheat waffle iron. Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine corn muffin mix, egg, and sour cream. Stir until evenly combined then fold in cheddar and chives.
- Cut each hot dog in half lengthwise and then stick a skewer into each piece.
- Spread about half of the batter onto greased waffle iron. Place hot dogs on top, then spread the remaining batter over hot dogs.
- Close the waffle iron and cook until the waffle is cooked through about 4 minutes.
- Carefully remove waffle, cut into individual pieces and serve with favorite dipping sauce!