No two Thanksgiving tables look alike. In the spirit of the holidays, we put a call out to our shoppers for their tried and true family recipes.
Jen G.’s Sweet Meatballs
Growing up in a Korean family, cooking “American” food was not the norm in Jen’s house. Thanksgiving was an exception. Jen’s family created their own hybrid holiday menu, filling the table with both Korean and American dishes like turkey, stuffing, and … meatballs in sweet gravy.
- 1.5 pounds ground beef
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- 1 bottle of Heinz Chili sauce
- 18-ounce bottle of grape jelly, room temperature
1. Mix the ground beef, dashes of salt and pepper, and the egg together.
2. Cover a shallow baking pan with foil, for easier clean up.
3. Shape the meat mixture into meatballs; place on the shallow baking pan.
4. Cook the meatballs at 350F for about 20-25 minutes.
5. While the meatballs are cooking, combine the bottle of chili sauce with the grape jelly in a crock pot and heat on high until the jelly breaks up.
6. Clean off the bottoms of the meatballs and place in the crockpot with the sauce.
7. Continue cooking the meatballs and sauce together on low, stirring occasionally.
Whether you’re in charge of turkey, dessert, or the entire spread, let Shipt get the groceries while you make holiday memories with the ones you love.