As the weather continues to get colder, the last thing we want to do is spend evenings standing over the stove when we could be bundled up on the couch. This skillet lasagna is easy to make and oh-so warm and cozy for these chilly winter nights. Don’t worry about fussing over a traditional lasagna, layer after layer – just throw it all in one pot! This delicious, comforting, and hearty meal is a universal favorite. (We’re big fans of the easy clean up, too).
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 ½ cups uncooked lasagna noodles, broken into pieces
- 1 ¼ cups water
- ¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 ¾ cups organic tomato basil pasta sauce
- ⅓ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup ricotta
- Drizzle skillet with olive oil and add chopped onion, green bell pepper, sliced mushrooms, and ground beef to skillet. Stir and cook over medium heat for 6 minutes.
- Add lasagna noodles, water, pasta sauce, and Italian seasoning. Let simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Add mozzarella and dollop ricotta on top. Broil to finish, top with fresh basil, and enjoy!